Design Sprints

After a day of writing and research for my thesis about keys I decided to do some design sprints with key imagery. I used a lot of my vector outlines of keys I had made earlier in the summer. I did three sprints, 30 minutes each. The photo-based one took me 15 minutes. I figure 30 minutes is just a time limit, not necessarily a requirement. See below for results. I think it’s a nice start.

I wanted to incorporate arrows to indicate movement and direction. I wanted some sort of imagery that could represent the “gestures of keys“.

Using my photos and a vector trace of key blades I did a bunch of overlays, multiplies. I wanted to showcase the old keyhole vs. the contemporary keyway that’s more commonly seen today.

A play on the word “skeleton key”, using the keys as bones.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in GD MFA, Graphic Design, Thesis and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s